2.14.2012

dear lil j: happy valentine's day!

Dear Lil J:

Just over 2 1/2 years ago, we were anticipating your arrival into our lives - anxiously waiting and not really knowing what to expect.  Fast forward 2 1/2 years and now we have the most beautiful son in the world.  Not to mention smart, playful, charming, empathetic and slightly devilish....in a good way!  The list could go on and on.


I looked at you last night and marveled at how fast you've grown.  I remember hearing seasoned parents tell me that you would grow up before my very own eyes and, of course, I didn't believe a word they said.  Now, I have no idea where time has passed.  In 4 short months you will be 3 years old!  That kind of scares me.  But it also makes me VERY proud.  Extremely.

Life has changed in the past 2 1/2 years...all for the good...and it will continue to change.  Also in about 4 months, you will have a new brother or sister {a sister if your big sister has any say!}.  I'm not sure if you quite understand that Mommy has a baby in her tummy but every time I ask you if you've kissed baby today, you will lift my shirt up and kiss my belly.  Moments like that make my heart melt.  You are so kind.


I have no doubt in my mind that you will be the best big brother ever.  Your little brother or sister will look up to you and put you on the highest possible pedestal you can imagine.  And I know that you will be the best influence for your little sibling.  I have no doubt.

Happy Valentine's Day to my gorgeous son.  I love you more than words can express, more than you can ever imagine.  My heart is yours.

Love,
Mommy
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Just wait until you bring your baby home...then he will look MASSIVE. Crazy how that happens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? I'll definitely do the comparison lol! I just can't believe he used to be that tiny once.....

      Delete